[Update: Entries are now closed. All entries and details of how to get the final calendar on this page of the Ghostsigns website.]
This is a call for submissions to a new experiment from Ghostsigns, creating a photographic calendar for 2014 featuring some of the world’s best ghostsigns. To enter your picture(s) for a chance to be included in the calendar please follow the instructions below.
All the suitable pictures entered will be posted to the Ghostsigns Facebook page on Friday, 8 November, and those with the most ‘likes’ by Friday, 22 November, will be used for the calendar. I will be submitting my photo above for Black Cat Cigarettes, what will you chose from your own collection?
How to Enter (by email to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- You can enter a maximum of five photos before the deadline of midnight (UK time) on Thursday, 7 November.
- Copy the text below and paste into the body of an email addressed to email@example.com.
- Complete the basic details requested for each photo submitted: File name; Advertised brand; Street name, city and country; Photographer name/credit; Date of photo.
- Attach your photo(s), ensuring that they are print ready and at least 2371×2875 pixels. (Do not increase the dimensions of smaller photos to meet this requirement as they will not work in print.) You may enter a maximum of five photos.
- Encourage friends and family to vote for your photo(s) on Facebook until the 22 November deadline.
Email Text for Entries (copy and paste into your email)
I certify that the attached photo(s) are my own work and that I own full copyright for their use. I grant to Ghostsigns, free of charge, permission to use the images in any way Ghostsigns wants, including modifying and adapting them for operational and editorial reasons, for publication in any media worldwide, including the Ghostsigns website which is accessed by international users. I also give permission to Ghostsigns to license these images for use by trusted third parties to support the future research efforts of Ghostsigns. In granting these permissions I retain the full copyright of these photo and will inform Ghostsigns of any changes to my position as the copyright owner. Details of the images submitted are given below.
Street name, city and country:
Date of photo:
Some additional notes
- The calendar will be A3 size, printed on 200gsm satin art paper, with the photos taking up about half the space for each month.
- The calendar will be made available for purchase at c.£25 on or before Sunday, 1 December 2013, to allow orders to be be placed in time for Christmas. This is more expensive than pop group and TV series calendars but gives you a limited edition collection of ghostsigns photography which can be re-mounted and framed at the end of the year.
- For the purposes of this calendar, ghostsigns are defined as fading advertising painted directly onto the wall of a building.
- 12 photos will be included in the final printed calendar.
- All decisions about the entries posted to Facebook for voting will be made by Ghostsigns with no exception.
- Ghostsigns reserves the right to make changes to these details and the publishing of the calendar.
- If you have any questions then please email firstname.lastname@example.org or leave them in the comments section below.